Yes, Nektar, Tangerine Dream and many more to perform at ‘Cruise To The Edge’.
The Cruise. Cruise To The Edge…more than a concert cruise, this is an interactive experience with some of the giants who have built Progressive Rock! This is truly the event of a lifetime, bringing back great memories and building new ones hanging out with YES, Steve Hackett – Genesis Revisited, UK, Carl Palmer Band, Tangerine Dream, Saga, Nektar, Zebra, Glass Hammer, IOEarth, Heavy Mellow and more!
The MSC Poesia will transform into a Prog Rock Paradise, featuring four stages for music and more, including our amazing deck stage with ocean views in every direction. Enjoy intimate acoustic shows to grand main stage performances to mind-blowing music and light shows under the stars! Don’t miss our Storyteller Performances, special meet and greets plus a surprise jam or two!
The MSC Poesia “Italian for Poetry” provides a serene, almost “yacht-like” setting to relax and enjoy the finer things in life. Truly one of the loveliest vessels constructed in the last decade, your floating resort allows you to do as much or as little as you like. Enjoy Italian-influenced cuisine, a wonderful sushi bar, enchanting Balinese spa or simply luxuriate by the pool…the choice is yours.
One of the first things you will notice as you board this remarkable vessel is the beauty and attention to detail. Every inch of the ship is gorgeous and showcases public rooms and cabins that are made from the highest quality materials combined in tasteful combinations with an Italian flair. The Poesia is also one of the cleanest ships afloat as the Italian crew constantly works to keep everything in perfect order, providing guests with a pristine, floating sanctuary. It was only fitting that this beautiful lady was christened by Italian icon and internationally acclaimed actress Sophia Loren.
Sailing aboard the Poesia on the Cruise to the Edge will feature emerald waters and tropical Caribbean landscapes with old world European charm and ambiance. It really is like taking a European vacation without leaving North America. Great ship, great friends and great music in a setting that cannot be beat…we just can’t sail without you!
6 Reasons Why The MSC Poesia is the World’s Best Cruise Ship For Rock Music Cruises
- Best Performance Theater – From the stage size to acoustics to sight lines, the MSC Poesia is the best floating theater on the planet. It’s the music that matters! According to Production expert William Deavers of www.LoudAndClear.com, “The MSC Poesia is simply the best cruise ship venue in the world for Rock Music Festivals at Sea, bar none.”
- Best Aft Performance Venue – Intimate, flexible, multi-use cabaret providing amazing sound and sight lines for a variety of rock music acts.
- Best Open Deck Performance Venue – Expansive, unobstructed deck area with an abundance of stable electrical power. Clean power means great music quality.
- Beautiful, Clean Ship – You will not find a more beautiful and clean vessel anywhere. The impact of a music festival on a ship is significant and MSC works hard to keep the Poesia perfect every year.
- World-Class Experience – The MSC Poesia “Italian for Poetry” provides a serene, almost “yacht-like” setting to relax and enjoy the finer things in life. Truly one of the loveliest vessels constructed in the last decade, your floating resort allows you to do as much or as little as you like. Enjoy Italian-influenced cuisine, a wonderful sushi bar, enchanting Balinese spa or simply luxuriate by the pool…the choice is yours.
- Look To The Future – MSC is the fastest growing cruise line in the world and will continue expansion into North America with new ships planned as early as 2014.