The Prog Collective – Deluxe Vinyl Edition (LP)
The biggest super group of Progressive Rock players ever assembled and one of the most talked about releases of 2012 finally arrives on vinyl!
The idea of assembling a collection of amazing artists from the progressive rock genre all on one record was an especially exciting concept to me. Inspired, I began writing and recording the 7 songs that would become this album. I then sent those recordings out to some of my friends and musical heroes from bands like King Crimson, XTC, Asia, Gentle Giant, and of course my former band Yes. Soon, I started receiving vocal tracks and guitar and keyboard overdubs from studios all over the world, which I then mixed at my recording studio in Los Angeles. Despite the distances in geography, however, the feeling of the entire production is one of musical and spiritual unity – The Prog Collective! – Billy Sherwood
- The biggest super group of Progressive Rock players ever assembled and one of the most talked about releases of 2012 finally arrives on vinyl!
- Features performances by John Wetton (Asia), Tony Levin (King Crimson), Jerry Goodman (Mahavishnu Orchestra), Richard Page (Mr. Mister), Geoff Downes (Yes/Asia), Alan Parsons (Alan Parsons Project), Chris Squire (Yes), Rick Wakeman (Yes), Gary Green (Gentle Giant), Annie Haslam (Renaissance), Steve Hillage (Gong), John Wesley (Porcupine Tree), Tony Kaye (Yes), Colin Moulding (XTC) and more!
- Fans have already been talking up this release on blogs and message boards, and we’ll generate more1 interest through a large publicity campaign that will include consumer print ads in Prog magazine and more!
The Prog Collective
February 12, 2013
|Number of Vinyls||
LP 1 A
1. The Laws of Nature
2. Over Again
3. The Technical Divide
LP 1 B
1. Social Circles
2. Buried Beneath
3. Follow the Signs
LP 2 A
1. Check Point Karma
2. The Laws of Nature (Instrumental)
3. The Technical Divide (Instrumental)
LP 2 B
1. Social Circles (Instrumental)
2. Check Point Karma (Instrumental)
3. Over Again (Single Edit)
4. BONUS TRACK: Let the World Revolve